I am a globetrotter and nature lover that likes to travel adventurously and off-the-beaten-path. After driving all around Australia in an old jeep, I later crossed the Caribbean Sea and South Pacific Ocean by sailing boat. While seasonally working in Switzerland I travelled to many other countries to explore their local culture, food and nature. Besides reading and hiking, I enjoy exploring the worlds oceans as a certified scuba diver.
I am currently on a long distance cycling adventure throughout South America with my partner and dog. I write about our tour on six wheels on our blog: Cycling for freedom
As a freelance writer I enjoy writing about different styles of travelling, holiday destinations, scuba diving, dog friendly adventures, and other subjects. You can have a look at my portfolio here.
Below is a collection of my qualifications:
- 2016 PADI Rescue Diver- Playas del Coco, Costa Rica
- 2015 PADI Enriched Air Diver- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- 2015 PADI Advanced Open Water Diver- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- 2013 PADI Open Water Diver- Portobello, Panama
With more than 70 logged dives from around the world I’ve seen some amazing creatures and underwater worlds. Best dives include ‘the wall of sharks’ in French Polynesia, Komodo NP in Indonesia and ‘the blue shark dive’ in South Africa. I’ve witnessed the Sardine Run in Port St.Johns, South Africa, in 2016 with endless numbers of dolphins, birds and even whales in action.
- 2017 Diploma in Bartending by Swiss Barkeeper Union
- 2017 Diploma in WSET Level 2 Wine & Spirits
- 2016 Diploma in F&B Management, acquired through a correspondence course of Deutsche Hotelakademie Köln, Germany
- 2007-2018 employment as waitress/barkeeper in different countries, including: Australia, Switzerland and Panama
Pet Friendly Adventures
I have been travelling with my loyal hound, Rowdy, since he was 10 months old and we’ve experienced many adventures together all around the world. So far Rowdy has visited five continents and enjoyed different modes of transportations along the way, including:
- Atlantic Ocean crossing on a 200m cargo ship
- Crossing the Caribbean Sea and Pacific Ocean on a sailing yacht
- More than two dozen flights
- Travelling by public transport (trains, buses & cable cars)
- Moving around by car/rental car
- Now a bicycle touring adventure through South America